Customer Relations and Business Operations
JaSure is an insurance technology business and Santam's exclusive partner for digital, on-demand insurance. We are building a new type of insurance business with the mobile generation in mind. Our vision is to lead the on-demand insurance revolution in Africa.
JaSure comprises a team of dynamic, talented and experienced professionals from diverse backgrounds. We’re a small team of fast-moving builders and operators using an innovative tech stack and superior design to leapfrog existing customer experiences.
In short: take responsibility for deliverables and treat each other with respect. We are building a company where the following are valued:
- Reasoned argument
- Foster the team’s growth and have fun
- Open by default
- Take ownership, be accountable
- Leadership is a role, not a rank
- Innovate everywhere
- Think long-term to be sustainable
- Act ethically and build customer respect
Flexible working hours. Role-dependent.
25 days annual leave. In addition to the 12 public holidays in South Africa.
Remote first. With access to office space. We see value in face-to-face interactions. 10Mbps internet connection is required (by employee) for remote work.
Johannesburg. AlphaCode fintech incubator, Rosebank. Read more: https://www.alphacode.club/
Cape Town. Tokai.
This role is centred around customer services and business operations. You will work closely with JaSure’s Head of Operations and gain exposure to various business areas.
Customer queries. Investigate and resolve customer queries via live chat/email including technical, product, new business, amendments, billing and claims. Process associated system transactions. We do things digitally, but sometimes customers want to hear a friendly voice. Call when the need arises.
Complaints. Investigate, resolve, escalate and record complaints.
Retentions and cancellations. Attempt to retain customers. Process cancellation requests.
Claims. Prepare new claims for submission to the claims handler; monitor and close.
Underwriting review. Review asset details (items and cars) and contact customers when they miss the mark.
Billing. Process monthly billing run. Customer liaison. Generate monthly premium bordereaux (review and submission).
Reporting. Report monthly sales performance and operational statistics.
We are looking for a driven and dynamic individual to grow with our business.
> Qualifications and experience/skills
- University Degree
- RE 5 is highly advantageous
- Prior experience in insurance and/or technology environments is highly advantageous
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and customer engagement
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application declined.
How many days do you ride this bike in a typical month?
Website Quote T&C
- Underwritten by Santam Limited, an authorised FSP (3416). JaSure is a juristic representative of Santam.
- Premiums are personalised using data from various sources (e.g. credit bureau data).
- This Quick Quote presents an indicative, non-binding premium, based on a typical customer risk profile, that may change when applying your data. Binding quotes are generated in the JaSure smartphone app.
- Premiums are paid at the end of the month. At the end of each month we count the number of days on which you had active cover for the asset and charge the corresponding premium payable. Days on which the asset was covered for part of the day are also included.
- The policyholder is required to manage their cover, and corresponding premium payable, by switching cover on and off during the month.