JaSure is an insurtech and part of the Santam group. Our vision is To Put Insurance In The Hands Of The People. We are the leading pioneer of digital on-demand insurance in South Africa. The JaSure app is available in both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, and has a rapidly growing base of passionate users.
We are growing the JaSure digital marketing team and are looking for a Google expert to accelerate awareness and adoption of the JaSure mobile app (iOS and Android). The role is responsible for managing the implementation, optimisation, and reporting of campaigns across all Google channels (App, Search, Display, Youtube); as well as managing paid media on Social (Facebook, Instagram). The role is also responsible for understanding the fast-changing digital marketing landscape, and driving innovation and improvement inside our digital marketing environment (platforms, analytics, best-practices etc).
The position reports to the Head of Marketing, and actively collaborates with all other parts of the business (Actuarial, Engineering, Operations, Product, Customer Success).
>The key responsibilities are
Management of Google paid campaigns (App / Search / Display / Youtube):
You will be responsible for delivering high-performance across all paid media on the Google platform. This spans the full lifecycle of campaign planning, operational execution, reporting/analytics, and optimisation. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Create new campaigns in line with marketing and business objectives
- Manage campaign media budgets and optimise budgets against top performing channels and ad placements
- Conduct keyword research, develop strategies, optimise AdWord campaigns
- Gather and provide actionable insights and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices and technologies
Management of Social paid campaigns (Facebook / Instagram):
- Although Google is the primary platform, you will also be required to implement the social media ad campaigns.
- You will be required to pay careful attention to performance and optimise creative campaigns.
Reporting & analytics:
- You will be the owner of the digital marketing analytics environment. You will stay on top of analytics trends so that the business benefits from new innovations, and is aligned with industry best practices. You will identify and implement technology and platforms that advance our analytics environment.
- You are experienced with the Google Ads analytics suite and able to build views/reports/queries as needed: Google Analytics (GA4), Firebase, Google Data Studio.
- You have some prior experience with Facebook Analytics.
- You will be responsible for conceptualising, developing, maintaining and enhancing operational reporting dashboards. You will work closely with stakeholders across the business to ensure that accurate and useful reports are always available. These will need to be monitored daily to ensure optimisation of all platforms.
- You will be required to report back to management on key performance metrics weekly, including what strategic optimisations have been implemented and the impacts thereof.
- You will be required to work closely with internal and external stakeholders in marketing including PR, media and creative to ensure digital paid media activities are synchronised with broader marketing campaigns.
- You will need to work closely with Customer Success teams from a direct media perspective to monitor and optimize direct marketing campaigns.
- Collaboration with the Engineering and Product teams is key to ensure attribution and tracking technologies function correctly.
- Be an expert in the changing mobile and privacy landscapes, ensuring that the company is continuously adjusting in line with industry and ad platform changes.
We are looking for a driven and dynamic individual to grow with our business.
>The right candidate has:
Empathy. Building a great brand requires strong teams so we expect you to recognise that people come first and bring that understanding into your day to day interactions and decisions.
Analytical thinking. As this role is performance and optimisation driven it is critical that you have an aptitude for numbers, figures and a keen interest in problem-solving.
Go-getter. This is an insurtech and it takes energy, a passion for innovation and out of the box thinking. We are looking for proactive people that learn fast and swim quickly.
Communication skills. You are expected to be able to effectively communicate your decisions, needs and thoughts in both written and spoken forms.
Professionalism. We are a remote first team so we are looking for people who are comfortable with asynchronous work. You are expected to manage your own schedule and availability while still delivering high quality work in a timely manner.
>Skills and Experience
- 2 years prior experience marketing a mobile app
- 3 years experience and advanced skills across the Google Marketing Platform (Google Ads, GDN, GSN, UAC, Analytics, Data Studio, Tag Manager, Firebase)
- Relevant diploma or degree (e.g. Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science)
>We offer the following benefits:
Remote-first. We have built our company culture and processes with the goal of being a remote-first company from the start
25 days of annual leave. Our standard 25 days of leave are in addition to the 12 government defined public holidays in South Africa.
Insurtech environment: Join a diverse, energised and passionate team focused on disrupting the South African insurance industry.
How many days do you ride this bike in a typical month?
Website Quote T&C
- Underwritten by Santam Limited, an authorised FSP (3416). JaSure is a juristic representative of Santam.
- Premiums are personalised using data from various sources (e.g. credit bureau data).
- This Quick Quote presents an indicative, non-binding premium, based on a typical customer risk profile, that may change when applying your data. Binding quotes are generated in the JaSure smartphone app.
- Premiums are paid at the end of the month. At the end of each month we count the number of days on which you had active cover for the asset and charge the corresponding premium payable. Days on which the asset was covered for part of the day are also included.
- The policyholder is required to manage their cover, and corresponding premium payable, by switching cover on and off during the month.